The Guy E. Bourdeau Scholarship provides the opportunity for highly motivated students to earn the opportunity to attend the Additive Manufacturing User Group (AMUG) conference. Guy E. Bourdeau Scholars are honest, respectful, inquisitive and collaborative.
The scholarship honors the memory of Guy E. Bourdeau for his dedication and contribution to the additive manufacturing industry. He was a strong supporter and advocate of the Additive Manufacturing Users Group (AMUG). The scholarship was founded in Guy’s name by his wife, Renée Bourdeau, to honor his contributions to the additive manufacturing (AM) industry.
The 2024 Guy E. Bourdeau Scholarship is financially supported by Cimquest Inc.
The application period for 2024 scholarships is now closed.
The Guy E. Bourdeau Scholarship covers the cost of participating in the 2024 AMUG Conference to be held in Chicago, Illinois, from March 10-14, 2024; this includes:
- Conference registration fee
- Access to keynote presentations, technical sessions and workshops
- Invitation to the Technical Competition and Innovator’s Showcase
- Networking breakfasts, lunches, and dinners
- Entrance to the AMUGexpo, special event and dinner
- Countless networking opportunities
- Access to mobile app, online planner and conference proceedings
- Exclusive AMUG volunteering opportunities with the AMUG Board and teams.
- Accommodation at the designated conference hotel for the entire time you are in Chicago
- Airline ticket (Economy Class) and transportation from the airport to the conference hotel
- The applicants must complete an essay that answers each of the questions below. Applicants will be considered based on their responses to each question.
- How are you currently pushing the boundaries of additive manufacturing (e.g.: mechanical or artistic design, materials, 3D printers, post-processing, software, research, etc.)?
- What do you foresee as an interesting application for additive manufacturing?
- What kind of problems do you want to solve in the future, and if applicable, in what industry?
- How are you helping others learn about additive manufacturing?
- Applicants must submit a supporting letter of recommendation from a professor, supervisor, or manager.
- BONUS: In addition to the requirements detailed above, applicants are allowed to submit either of the following to enhance their application if they so choose:
- A portfolio highlighting projects, experiments, community outreach, or research related to the field of additive manufacturing. The content of the portfolio should relate to the content of the essay.
- A video that demonstrates the applicant’s projects, experiments, community outreach, or research related to the field of additive manufacturing. The video should be no more than 6 minutes long. The content of the video should relate to the content of the essay.
- Winner must be able to attend and participate in the AMUG Conference March 10-14, 2024, in Chicago, Illinois, with arrival on Friday, March 8 and departing on Friday, March 15, 2024.
- Winner will provide a 5-minute presentation regarding the essay topic at the AMUG Conference. Estimate 2000+ attendees.
- Winner is responsible for assisting the AMUG Board and actively participating as a volunteer prior to and throughout the conference.
- Upon winning the Guy E. Bourdeau Scholarship, the winner is required to partake in a Scholarship Applicant interview where AMUG will write a short article regarding their AMUG experience. This short article will also be shared with the AMUG delegates.
- Immediately following the conference, the winner will be required to write a short article for the AMUG Newsletter describing the value and positive impact gained from attending the AMUG Conference and AMUGexpo.
Open to any USA college sophomore, junior, senior, or graduate student in good academic standing. Must be 21 years or older as of March 10, 2024.
Applications must be received by January 19, 2024.
Winners will be notified on January 30, 2024.
For assistance, please contact AMUG’s Scholarship Committee at email@example.com
- Award is open to all students attending school and residing in the USA.
- Winner must supply proof they are 21 years or older as of March 10, 2024.
- Winner must be able to attend and participate in the AMUG Conference March 10-14, 2024, in Chicago, Illinois, and complete the Award Requirements as outlined above.
- The scholarship is non-transferable and cannot be converted to cash.
- Final decision on granting the scholarship to the winner will be made by Renée Bourdeau.
- The AMUG Board reserves the right to modify the requirements of the Guy E. Bourdeau Scholarship without notice.