Compete in 2023
Entries must be received by March 8, 2023 at 11:59 pm EST.
Questions? Check out the Technical Competition FAQ.
The AMUG Technical Competition provides a forum for users of additive manufacturing technologies to display their unique applications as well as their finishing capabilities.
The Advanced Concepts category aims to recognize individuals and their companies for exemplary work with additive manufacturing technologies. Entries in this category will “push the envelope” for a particular technology or a combination of technologies. Unique applications, processes, and/or utilization are desired in this category.
The Advanced Finishing category has been created to recognize the efforts of those whom we often overlook when evaluating a model. The designers and engineers may hatch a concept, but it is often the parts finishers, model makers, painters and others that bring a prototype to life.
- An “entrant” is an individual who is directly involved with the project being submitted and is representing their company or organization.
- The entrant must be a registered attendee of the AMUG Conference.
- The entrant must be available to stand with their entry during the competition judging and AMUGexpo and must be able to answer detailed and technical questions.
- An entrant may enter once in each Advanced Concept and Advanced Finishing categories, but the same item may not be submitted in both categories.
- All entries will be reviewed and are subject to approval by the Technical Competition Committee.
Returning for 2023: Members Choice Award:
One entry will be selected by AMUG Member votes to be honored as the members choice.
All entries will be displayed at the conference’s AMUGexpo and will be judged by a panel of DINOs. Winners will be announced during the conference’s general session.