The program(s) listed below are NOT included with AMUG Conference registration. Participation requires separate registration and is at an additional cost.
ASTM Course: Methods of Qualification and Certification for Additive Manufacturing
Methods of Qualification and Certification for Additive Manufacturing
- Saturday, March 9 (8:00 am – 4:30 pm)
- Sunday, March 10 (8:30 am – 3:00 pm)
- AMUG 2024, Hilton Chicago, Chicago, IL
- Dr. Martin White, ASTM
- Shane Collins, Wohlers Associates
Details & Registration:
Course Level: Intermediate to Advanced users.
This course is aimed at those who are using, or plan to use, AM in serial or critical applications and would like to learn more about the routes to qualification and certification. Attendees would be required to have a strong background in additive manufacturing.
The instructors have in-depth experience in materials, qualification and certification, as well as making parts from additive manufacturing methods. The learning methods are based on logic and experience, and real-life best practices (and lessons learned!) will be shared.
This is not a series of lectures — there will be discussions, mini-workshops and plenty of opportunities to ask questions.
Day 1 (3/9)
- 8:00 – 8:30 am: Registration
- 8:30 – 09:00 am: Welcome and Introduction
- 9:00 – 10: 20 am: Foundations and Kick-off Workshop
- 10:30 am – 12:00 pm: Classifications & Consequences
- 1:00 – 2:00 pm: Requirements & Standards
- 2:20 – 4:30 pm: Route to Qualification & Certification
Day 2 (3/10)
8:30 – 9:00 am: Recap of Day 1 and Q&A Session
9:00 – 10:20 am: Material Properties, Allowables, Material Property Suite
10:30 – 11:45 am: Part Production Controls, NDE Considerations, Defects, Managing Supply Chain
12:45 – 1.30 pm: Qualification Testing & Service
1.30 – 3:00 pm: Case Studies, Working Session for Critical Applications – how do we apply the learning from this course to our business and application?
Cost: $799.00 (early-bird rate through Feb. 9). $949.00 after Feb. 9.