The programs listed below are available only to AMUG Conference attendees and are NOT included with AMUG Conference registration. Participation requires separate registration and is at an additional cost.
ASTM Certificate Course
Quality Assurance for Additive Manufacturing
This course is aimed at individuals with existing experience in AM who wish to understand the routes to releasing products requiring quality assurance and control (such as aerospace). Note that safety aspects will not be covered (this is covered in other training courses).
- Date/time: Saturday, April 2, 2022 (8:00am – 5:00pm) & Sunday, April 3 (8:00am – 3:00pm)
- Register: to be available late 2021
- Martin White, Head of Additive Manufacturing Programs – Europe Region, ASTM International
- Shane Collins, VP and General Manager North America Operations, Additive Industries
As additive manufacturing continues to mature as a production manufacturing method, it becomes more important than ever to demonstrate quality assurance to create quality products.
This course will provide guidance for what is key to control quality output and demonstrate compliance to requirements. The approaches here will be based on ASTM Additive Manufacturing Standards and how they can be combined with the ‘traditional’ manufacturing toolkit, including:
- Quality Management Systems for Additive Manufacturing
- “Make a plan, stick to the plan”
- Facility (machine qualification, supply chain, post-processing)
- How can standards help?
- Linking Quality to Certification & Qualification
- Fundamental requirements for regulated industries
- Demonstration of Suitable Qualified & Experienced Personnel – People are key
- Lean Manufacturing Methods – Driving towards ‘right first time’
- “Haven’t we done this before?”
- Configuration Management & Change Control – What is essential?
- How can we track performance, prevent deviations, and what to do if quality deviates?
- How do we use NDT, in-process monitoring, and other AM tools?
The 2-day course will be followed by an exam that will be conducted 2 weeks after the training event, held online. After successful completion of the course and passing marks for the exam, the participants will receive the ‘ASTM AM Qualify Assurance Certificate’.