A Word from the Chair
We are less than two months away from our annual 3DSUG conference in Miami, FL and the agenda is shaping up to be packed full of great technical presentations, hands on training, and networking opportunities. From the latest in applications, materials, research plus software and hardware training and discussions make sure not to miss this year’s meeting! You asked for more technical content on metals and other technologies and this year’s conference will have it. Significant content on photopolymers and laser sintering of polymers and metals and their applications in the medical and aerospace fields are lined up and more talks are being added weekly. Think that you are doing something neat, new or cool in your use of the equipment – we will make a spot for you to share your experiences with others! Drop me an email if you would like to present or help out.
This year we have added an Objet specific track for the users of that equipment to hear about the latest in materials, training on software, and even machine self-maintenance to get the most out of that equipment. Users will be giving presentations on applications and solutions on how this technology fits into their additive manufacturing requirements.
I have been involved in this technology for over 20 years and I still learn new things every year at the conference that allow me to push the technology further and pick up tips and tricks that more than pay for the cost of attending. Be sure to be in sunny Miami this April 3-7 for the 3DSUG! Keep up to date with the latest agenda updates/changes at www.3dsug.org!
Tim Gornet, University of Louisville & 3DSUG Chairperson
Become a Vendor or Sponsor
- Become a Vendor Display your products and services in an 8×10′ area while attendees network at one of the industry’s best social events of the year!
- Become a Sponsor Receive banner recognition throughout the conference, website recognition, link exchange opportunities, branding and more! Sponsorship opportunities range from $1,000 to $15,000.
The Sorovetz Report
Well it is six weeks before zero hour and the clock is ticking away. The agenda is looking great and we have a few great additions this year such as the “Open Invite” to ALL Objet, and EOS Users which will make for a great technical transfer of knowledge to the 3DSUG attendees. I am confident that this “Open Invite” will prove to be extremely beneficial to all in attendance and I know the 3DSUG Users will welcome our guests with open arms. I would like to personally like to thank Bruce Bradshaw of Objet for all of his efforts helping make this a reality.
I have spoken with Angelis Lopez from Americas Transportation.com. Angelis agreed to supply the transportation to and from both the Miami and Fort Lauderdale Airports. Individual Transfers are $15 from Miami Airport (MIA) to the Hilton Miami Downtown, and $25 from the Fort Lauderdale Airport (FLL) to the Hilton Miami Downtown (rates to not include the standard 20% gratuity.) If you are planning on using Angelis, please send him an e-mail with your name, arrival date, flight information, and departure date and time. Angelis contact information is:
Phone: (305) 859-9000
Cell: (305) 794-4189
Please send Angelis Lopez your travel information as soon as possible so he can put together a pick-up schedule. And be sure to remember to call the Hilton Miami Downtown by the March 1st cutoff date to reserve your room and secure the $115+tax room rate.
Once again, please contact Users, Vendors, and Sponsors and invite them to this year’s 3DSUG Annual Conference. Hope to see you in sunny Miami!!
Tom Sorovetz, Chrysler and 3DSUG Site Coordinator
Call for Papers
- Early registration ends on March 4, 2011. After this day they conference attendee price will go up to $600 and the vendor spaces will go to $750.
- The no refund policy will take affect on March 4. From this point in time we have space and other commitments to the hotels and will not be able to refund cancelled registrations.
- All registrations are not complete without payment. If payment is received after the March 4, you will be invoiced for the going rate. Just a reminder to those who have check, invoices or offline registrations in the system.
- Transportation is important. If you are going to use the service you must contact them ahead of time to reserve a spot. General Shuttle service will not be available. Please see the Sorovetz Report for information on transportation.
- Book early for the hotel. Rates are only guaranteed until March 1st. Please use this link to book your reservation.
- Room Rate: $115+tax per night
Hotel Reservation Code: 3dsug
- Room Rate: $115+tax per night
- Please complete your registration at www.3dsug.org. Remember, all registrations must be completed online, and all individuals must register separately. This will ensure you have your personal admission badge and registration packet waiting your arrival at the conference. Push the big red button below to get started!
Questions about registrations should be directed at me.
Guy Bourdeau, Huntsman and 3DSUG Treasurer