The AMUG Technical Competition provides a forum for users of additive manufacturing technologies to display their unique applications as well as their finishing capabilities.
The Advanced Concepts category aims to recognize individuals and their companies for exemplary work with additive manufacturing technologies. Entries in this category will “push the envelope” for a particular technology or a combination of technologies. Unique applications, processes, and/or utilization are desired in this category.
The Advanced Finishing category has been created to recognize the efforts of those whom we often overlook when evaluating a model. The designers and engineers may hatch a concept, but it is often the parts finishers, model makers, painters and others that bring a prototype to life.
Users may submit their entries in the Advanced Concepts category or the Advanced Finishing category. Each category will be open to all additive manufacturing technologies with a winner and runner-up being selected from each.
All entries will be displayed at the conference’s AMUGexpo and will be judged by a panel of five DINOs. Winners will be announced during the Awards Banquet.
Entries accepted through April 1, 2018
- 1st Place: Vince Anewenter, Milwaukee School of Engineering
- 2nd Place: Ryan Van Deest, Caterpillar Inc.
- 3rd Place: Richard Smeenk, Agile Manufacturing
- 1st Place: Mike Littrell, CIDEAS, Inc.
- 2nd Place: Patrick Walls, Laser Prototypes Europe Ltd.
- 3rd Place: Mike Scianna & John Warner, DSM Functional Materials