AMUG Temporarily Suspends Bylaws for Board of Directors Elections and Reschedules Business Meeting
MILWAUKEE, Wisc., April 15, 2020 — The Additive Manufacturing Users Group (AMUG) Board of Directors voted on April 1, 2020, to temporarily suspend its Bylaws related to the Board of Directors elections, and will reschedule its annual business meeting due to the COVID-19 crisis.
Below is a summary of the items to be temporarily suspended:
Board of Directors Elections
- Due to COVID-19, the annual AMUG Conference was postponed to March 14-18, 2021.
- Elections for the Board of Directors were scheduled to take place during the AMUG Conference. To ensure all members have the opportunity to participate in the nomination and election process for the AMUG Board of Directors, the Board has suspended the process until the 2021 AMUG Conference. Any candidates who self-nominated for the 2020 AMUG Board of Directors will remain valid candidates. The nomination process will re-open in October and close December 31, 2020. Additional information will be communicated through the organization’s newsletter in the coming months.
- On September 16, 2019, AMUG introduced the new, member-approved Bylaws that were designed to implement a new Board of Directors structure and election process.
- With the suspension of the Board of Directors elections, it was necessary for the AMUG Board to suspend certain sections of the Bylaws, which will be reactivated in March 2021. These sections include changes to the board structure, terms of office, and the number of officers and their term of office.
Rescheduling of Business Meeting
- AMUG Board of Directors will provide an online business meeting to meet the obligations of the corporation later this year. Date and time to be announced.
Please direct any questions to email@example.com.
ABOUT ADDITIVE MANUFACTURING USERS GROUP (AMUG)
AMUG is an organization that educates and advances the uses and applications of additive manufacturing technologies. AMUG members include those with industrial additive manufacturing/3D printing technologies and materials used for professional purposes from companies such as 3D Systems, 3YOURMIND, BASF 3D Printing Solutions, Carbon, CATI, DMG MORI, DSM Additive Manufacturing, Dyndrite, EOS, Essentium, ExOne, Formlabs, GE Additive, HP Inc., Renishaw, SLM Solutions, Stratasys, and VELO3D AMUG meets annually to provide education and training through technical presentations on processes and new technologies. This information addresses the operation of additive manufacturing equipment and the applications that use the parts they make. Online at www.amug.com.