Registration to Open October 1, 2015!
Preparations for 2016 AMUG Education and Training Conference are well underway, and we are pleased to announce registration for the conference, sponsorships and AMUGexpo will open October 1st.
As mentioned in our August newsletter, the 2016 AMUG Conference will take place April 3 – April 7, 2015, in St. Louis, Missouri. The conference will include presentations, hands-on sessions and workshops by industry experts as well as technology-focused sessions by Diamond and Platinum Sponsors.
What you can expect to see at 2016 AMUG:
- Innovator Showcase 2016 — We are pleased to announce that Scott Crump, inventor of Fused Deposition Modeling (FDM) and co-founder of Stratasys, will be the 2016 AMUG Innovator Award recipient. The Innovator Showcase interview will take place on Wednesday, April 6, 2016.
- Keynote speakers — Monday, April 4, we will host two keynote speakers, Todd Grimm, AM Advisor and owner of T.A. Grimm and Associates, and Jason Lopes of Legacy Effects. Todd will kick off the morning with an overview of the industry trends and a look at the training needs for additive with his insights on how AMUG is the perfect place to start your training program. Jason Lopes will share the latest additive techniques that he is using in the entertainment industry.
- Diamond panel discussion — Tuesday morning we will host an interactive panel discussion with representatives from each of the Diamond Sponsors.
- Training & education sessions — AMUG will offer over 100 presentations and workshops. Running concurrent to the AMUG sessions, each Diamond and Platinum sponsor will offer presentations and training sessions. Sessions and workshops will cover both plastic and metal additive manufacturing.
What you need to know:
- Registration opens October 1, 2015: You will receive an email with a link to the registration site, or you can access it on the AMUG website, www.additivemanufacturingusersgroup.com. Registration is open to owners and operators of commercially available additive manufacturing equipment.
- AMUG registration price of $795 (early bird) is all-inclusive: This price covers all of the great sessions and workshops, Awards Banquet, and AMUGexpo, as well as your food, beverage and entertainment for the week. (Conference fee excludes travel, lodging and incidentals)
- Hotel accommodations: Hotel bookings will be opening October 1st as well. We have secured space in Hilton Doubletree St. Louis Union Station, and we have a secondary hotel at Hilton Ballpark, which is about a 10 minute “free” (AMUG is covering the cost) trolley ride from the conference venue.
- Sponsors/exhibitors: You will be able to register starting October 1st, but if you are interested in sponsoring/exhibiting, please send our vice presidents, Steve and Dana, an email at VicePresident@am-ug.com as we already have a list of committed sponsors. If you want to show up in our October newsletter, you will need to register as soon as we open registration. It will be first-come, first-serve for exhibitor booth selection so register early to pick your ideal spot.
- Call for speakers: Our track leaders have already started looking for speakers, and the official call for speakers will be coming out in a few weeks. If you are interested in speaking, contact Gary Rabinovitz at Chairman@am-ug.com.
- Technical Competition and failed build displays: Start thinking now on what you can enter for the Advanced Concepts and Advanced Finishing competition categories. Also keep track of those failed builds that occur; we really want to use them as learning tools for our users.
As you can see, we have a lot already planned and more to come. If you have any suggestions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Many of AMUG’s board members and Ambassadors will be at TCT Show + Personalize next week. Please make sure you stop by our booth (F40) and say hi!
On behalf of the entire AMUG Board,
Mark Barfoot, AMUG president
Slazenger Backpack Replacements
There have been a few reports of manufacturing defects with the Slazenger backpack that was provided at the 2015 conference. Under its warranty, Slazenger has and will replace any defective products.
If you’ve had a strap come loose or a seam split due to a product defect, contact Tom Sorovetz, event manager, at EventManager@am-ug.com to arrange receipt of a replacement.
Carbon3D Scores a Massive $100 Million Investment
Carbon3D recently announced that it has secured an unprecedented $100 million dollars in a Series C investment round led by Google Ventures. Other investors include Yuri Milner and Reinet Investments S.C.A. Not since ENGINEERING.com has been covering 3D printing has this much money poured into a 3D printing startup. What is the significance of such an investment?
Read the whole story at ENGINEERING.com.
More news at ENGINEERING.com
Metal Additive Manufacturing Magazine
Out Now! Download Your Free Copy of the Summer Issue
In this 72-page Summer 2015 issue of Metal Additive Manufacturing magazine you will find an extensive industry news section along with the following articles and reports:
- Additive Industries: Moving towards automation and integration in metal additive manufacturing
- Advances in aerospace applications: MTU produces Airbus A320neo borescope bosses with additive manufacturing
- AMPM2015 conference report: Innovative materials, powder characterization and metallographic testing
- Rapid.Tech 2015: Germany’s conference and exhibition on AM targets an international audience
- Concept Laser’s QMmeltpool 3D: In-situ quality assurance with real-time monitoring down to the micron level
Download your free PDF copy of the only magazine dedicated to the world of metal Additive Manufacturing and 3D printing at www.metal-am.com/magazine.
TCT + Personalize
TCT Show + Personalize 2015 Less Than One Week Away
In less than a week’s time, the NEC, Birmingham, UK, will be brimming with folk all looking for a little bit of 3D technology inspiration at the 20th annual TCT Show + Personalize. They’ll be in the right place!
With over 250 exhibitors, two days of jam-packed conferencing, including talks from AMUG hall of famers Todd Grimm and Graham Tromans, it is easy to see why this year’s TCT Show is breaking records in terms of registrations.
Of course registration to the show, as always, is free, and another thing we’re offering free of charge is a subscription to the magazine. Whether you’re based in the North America or Europe, you can get a free printed edition sent to your door. Outside of those territories you can download the digital edition on the App Store or Google Play.
AMUG is an organization that educates and advances the uses and applications of additive manufacturing technologies. AMUG members include those with any commercial additive manufacturing/3D printing technologies from companies such as Stratasys, Somos, Concept Laser, SLM Solutions, EOS, ExOne, Renishaw, HP and Prodways. AMUG meets annually to provide education and training through technical presentations on processes and new technologies. This information addresses operation of additive manufacturing equipment and the applications that use the parts they make.
Connect with members on the organization’s website and LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Tumblr, and YouTube networks.